Pages

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

This is the Day the Lord has made;

let us rejoice and be glad in it. Psalm 118:24
This morning I was greeted on my walk with an incredible sky! It was filled with many hues of rose and blue. The sky burst with sunlight of soft golden rays that blended with the pink to create a rosy glow over the land. I should have taken a picture with my phone, but I am sure it would never have done it justice.

After my walk, I checked my phone to find a text from Lauren exclaiming God's truth and righteousness and praying for my day. Thank you love!

My bible study is going so much better this week. Last week's lesson in Mark covered Jesus' scourging and crucifixion. It weighed heavily on me to read and study the suffering He volunteered for on my behalf. I suppose it should be a source of joy that He chose to do it because He loves me. Even when He was praying in the garden and asking the Father if there was another way besides the cross to accomplish His task, His will to obey the Father is stronger than His desire to avoid pain and especially the separation from God. THAT IS LOVE! I can't even begin to grasp it. This week, we are studying the resurrection. It is because He rose that I can "approach (literally 'storm') the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in our time of need. Heb. 4:10

1 comment:

Lauren Michelle said...

Mom,
As I was making my "juice" this morning, I looked and saw the pink hues too! So amazing! I was happy that dawn with her homeric "rosey fingers" rose to grace the sky.
As I read your blog, I started crying after reading the "storm" in terms of approaching. To think that we can come to Him in a huffing hue of pretentious regard, or like a conquerer set to sack a castle, is moving. He is our Mover and King. He is our dawn and our life's greatest LOVE. I must be PMSing, because I am crying again. See you soon.