Pages

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, January 15, 2007

Walking Wounded

This morning I went for my usual 3 mile walk......It was cold and icy out there! The park is still on it's normal watering schedule and all the water run off made the sidewalks ice over, so I was walking on the lawn which was still kind of slippery. I took one misstep onto the sidewalk and the next thing I know, I'm on my bum! Since I'm well padded back there, it didn't hurt but the hand that flew back to catch me is another story!A little sore and swollen with some bruising. How dumb to walk through the park!Live and learn

5 comments:

Lauren Michelle said...

Poor Mom! It looks even worse in person. Too bad you didn't have a knight in shining armor to help you. Who knew that hiking around the neighboorhood was more dangerous than on the mountain!!?!?!??!!!

Shar said...

Indeed! I think that "knight in shining armor" must be a myth....or maybe I'm in the wrong forest :)

Lauren Michelle said...

he's not a myth, you just have a night in shing armor- he was at home sleeping...

or maybe you are in the wrong forest, but i've been through a few forests and haven't found him yet. maybe he's in the rockies- we'll go look for him in april. But yeah, your night was still alseep, better make him walk with you next time.

did you know that "walking wounded" is the name of a very good album by everything but the girl?

Anonymous said...

Poor Sharon. I didn't know you were injured. You really should consider joining Taekwondo so you can learn how to roll out of a fall. ;)

Shar said...

Thanks Juanita, I'll think about it.
:~)