Pages

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Saturday, January 13, 2007

What's Been Going On?......

Since the holidays ended......I started back to Community Bible Study. Currently studying Mark & the passion week in particular. It's interesting that 1/3 of Mark's gospel and 1/2 of John's cover the last 7 days of Jesus earthly life. I am challenged by the cursing of the fig tree. Even though it had the appearance of producing fruit, there was no evidence of fruit. Pretending holiness is much different from pursuing holiness. Getting to know God through His word, through prayer and the Holy Spirit is how faith grows.

So, Jared has been working occasionally for the Rancho de Andellusia winery on Wolf Store Road. He called me on Friday to tell me that they were having a slow night and that Paul and I should come for dinner. The chef had prepared chicken fettucini for dinner and for an appetizer, smoked salmon with cream cheese. We decided to check it out....for $20, we had dinner, they comped our glasses of wine and there was a guitar player and singer who entertained us with cover songs from Neil Diamond, Jimmy Buffett, and Aerosmith. Now that's a bargain! We then drove down to San Diego Airport to pick up Gramacita who has been visiting John and Denise in Maine since mid December.

Saturday, we drove with Lauren to REI in Encinitas. She was looking for crampons and snow baskets for her hiking poles so she can go and do some hiking in the snow. It was a beautiful day and perfect for driving. I was surprised to see how much San Marcos has developed. It's been awhile since I drove that way.

Paul and I have been watching Season 5 of "24" over the last two weeks to refresh our memories and to prepare for Season 6 which will debut Sunday and Monday evenings. A four hour extravaganza!!

In other news, I had an interesting conversation with Lauren and friends in December. Lauren shared with Christina that I have an affinity for red shoes. I have always like shoes, but red shoes just do something for me. Christina, it turns out, shares my enjoyment of red shoes! All of this got me thinking and dreaming of owning another pair of red shoes. Christmas morning, I joked that the desired shoes were under the tree and every package, I shook and said "Do you think they're in this one?" Anyway, they never surfaced. A couple of weeks ago, Lauren and I were shopping and looking at shoes. I found a beautiful pair of patent red leather pumps! But I didn't buy them.....I don't know, it seemed silly. Later, Paul and I were shopping and I saw them again. This time, I bought them! I dont know when Ill wear them, maybe in Boston next summer. Here they are....... insanity? maybe, but it sure seems fun!

This week, I am preparing to fly to Arkansas on Friday with my Mom. She wants to visit her sister Edna who is celebrating her 80th birthday. My mom will have her 83rd birthday while we are there. My sister Pat is going as well and we hope to see some of the state while we are there.

No comments: