Pages

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Arkansas Traveler. . . . pt. 4


Thursday, Pat & I planned to visit Hot Springs Natl Park. The drive was long and took us through the Quachita National Forest. Pat snapped my picture driving. I did alot of driving that week! I enjoy driving though.....1300 miles in all.Hot Springs is a different kind of Natl Park...there is no entrance where you have to pay or show your park pass. I thought I hadn't brought my park pass with me and the night before we went, I was talking to Paul and he said "It's in your wallet". I looked and he was right! How did he know? Anyway, there is this observation tower there so Pat and I went up. At the top Here's one of the views All of the hot springs have been capped and diverted to the town where bath houses were built long ago and used for medicinal purposes. We walked the promenade behind the bathhouses This is one of the springs along the promenade with the steam rising from it We toured the Fordyce Bathhouse....Pat had told me to bring my swim suit that morning so we could "take a bath" but once we had a look at the bathhouse, we decided the day spa of today's era is much preferable Looks inviting doesn't it? The Needle Shower The gymnasium


Our day was fun and we enjoyed seeing Lake Hamilton with all the condos right on the Lake. We had supper at Cracker Barrel and followed that with a stop at the 2nd Starbucks we found in Arkansas there in Hot Springs. Another fun day exploring!

1 comment:

Lauren Michelle said...

yay mom you are so cute. i love you and glad that you had a great time !!!!