Pages

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Friday, February 23, 2007

Valentine

Apologies to those of you who hate the "manufactured holidays". I like being invited to dinner by my sweetheart on Valentine's Day or any other day of the year.

Many years ago, Paul brought home a beautiful orchid for me for Valentine's and I relished the beauty while bemoaning the fact that I have never developed a green thumb and would soon be "burying" the poor plant.
We continued to bring orchids into our home and kill them, then replace them again over the years, until about 4 years ago, when I learned the secret.....

After the orchid finishes blooming, place the plant outside on the north side of the house and do nothing but water (even I can handle that) until it begins to bloom, then bring it into the house and enjoy the blossoms. This orchid has been with me for all this time, blooming each year with flowers so beautiful, I thought about making corsages and selling them on the side. This year was a different story, the freezing temperatures we experienced took their toll on my orchid and prevented it from blooming this year. A sad tale indeed.This year, TDH (tall, dark, handsome) took me to Maurice Carrie for dinner. It was the first opportunity to wear my red shoes! (see my "What's Been Going On?" post in January) The theme was polynesian which was a little on the cheesy side, but the food was delicious.

1 comment:

Lauren Michelle said...

oh, the life of a trophy wife.
ha ha. you look so beautiful mom! good job- keep up the good work.
Weird, but this was my first Valentine's in 9 years.