Pages

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, December 10, 2006

Happy 26th Birthday Lauren!

Saturday, the 25th we began our trip home from Utah. We would have broken the return trip into 2 days but wanted to have Sunday at home to rest and get ready for the work week ahead. It turned out to be a very long drive due to horrendous traffic from Las Vegas to Rancho Cucamonga. Ugh!This day happened to be Lauren's birthday. Here is her morning picture in the truck at the beginning of our trek. We made our first stop for gas and bathroom . This gas station had a grizzly bear which made for good picture taking. Next we checked out the regal Elk I had taken Lauren's present to Utah with us, but she was disinclined to open gifts there. So I put it back in the truck to be opened when we were home. At yet another gas station, the fam asked how her birthday was going. She decided right then and there to open her gift in the back of the truck. We had given her a national parks pass and a gift card to Macy's but the fun gift was what she opened here. A little background: when Lauren was at Biola, I had given her a pair of slippers that she really loved. Recently, Sima and Roscoe decided to eat the bunnies while she was at work. This was very distressing to her, so I determined to find her a new pair. Needless to say, she was delighted with the little hares! At this point, Jared took the wheel and Lauren in her slippers, navigated. Paul watched "Prisonbreak" while I listened to my ipod and napped. The road trip was delightful! I hope we can do another one soon! On Sunday, we did Lauren's birthday dinner along with Ice Cream Cake......Happy Birthday my favorite daughter! I love you dearly!

No comments: