Pages

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, June 02, 2010

Happy Birthday Madeleine!

One year ago, I was spending the day at Lauren and Tim's helping with the labor and delivery of their first child and my first grandchild. What a wonderful gift I was given! To be present and to see her be born! It was right after she emerged into the world that I heard the name by which she would be known: Madeleine Jael! She was beautiful and pink and wriggly on that day and she has been such a sweet loving little girl from that day forward. Last night I was babysitting. I was in the hall outside her bedroom, crouched down, looking through a laundry basket for jammies. She scooted over to the basket and pulled herself to her feet so we were shoulder to shoulder. I turned and said "Hi", then I said "can you say hi?" She said "hi" (okay it sounded more like ha) but it was a definite response to my request and then she smiled so sweetly. How blessed am I to be her Nani? Thank you Lord for my family, I love them so much! Looking forward to MJ's second year of life and welcoming her younger brother or sister in the fall. Happy Birthday precious granddaughter! LOVE YOU!Photobucket

1 comment:

Love, Lauren said...

i need to get these photos from you!