Pages

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, August 23, 2009

Life's Simple Pleasures

My backyard in the morning is so pleasant. I return from my walk, get my cup of coffee and sit down outside. The coolness of the morning, the soothing of running water and the cheerful singing of birds is very uplifting. We are still harvesting vegetables from our spring planting. It's been great eating fresh zucchini, spaghetti squash, green beans, and cherry tomatoes. We also have green apples growing and washington navel oranges. Lots of beautiful flowers to enjoy in the backyard as well. The cannas are blooming better this year than last year. This Orange Glory is one of my favorite day lilies and of course, our roses continue to produce. Miss Kitty is very happy when I'm in the backyard, she hangs out with me there and enjoys the morning before I must start the "to do" list and she must settle in for her nap. James 1:17 says every good and perfect gift is from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows. I'm thankful.

No comments: