Pages

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Colorado

Friday, 3/14 I flew to Colorado Springs to be trained for the Associate Teaching Director position at Community Bible Study. Tim keeps making some reference to something in "The Office" which is totally lost on me since I don't watch that show. Perhaps he will bring his dvd's over sometime and let me see the show. We'll never know since he doesn't read my blog. Anyway, the training was held at the Cheyenne Mountain Resort, with very delicious food and wonderful rooms. We had training from 8am to 9pm with no free time, so it was alot of information packed into all available time. My roommate was from Denver and was training to be the Children's Director for her CBS class. She drove down and discovered that she had forgotten her dress clothes. Her husband brought them to her that evening along with a bunch of beautiful red roses because she sounded stressed. 140 miles round trip-what a guy! My friend Shel, who lives in the Springs had loaned me her son Tim's car to drive while I was there. She said I could take some of the ladies out for lunch in our "free time". Since there wasn't any free time, the car stayed in the parking lot until Wednesday when I checked out. On Sunday, we had snow all day, so I walked out to the parking lot and took a picture of Tim's car. Here is a picture of me with my Regional Director, Terri. It was wonderful to get to know her and hopefully, she will come to Temecula soon to spend a day with our leaders so they can meet her. After training was over, I drove to the Broadmoor Hotel to take some pictures and look around, then was just getting ready to enter Seven Falls when Paul called to say he had landed, so I drove to the airport to pick him up. After lunch in the downtown, we headed up to see the recently completed headquarters of CBS national and international. The land was donated and God brought all the money needed to build the building without debt. This is the entryway with a cozy fireplace.This is the chapel with a view of Pike's Peak in the window. The staff meets here at 10am every morning for prayer. Prayer is a huge part of this ministry, and I am glad that every person involved is prayed for and every class. This is Camilla's office. She has a big window that looks out to Pike's Peak. I might have a difficult time accomplishing much work in this office. The training was visionary and I am in awe that God would use me in this way. I am excited to be challenged , stretched and grown by Him.

2 comments:

Love, Lauren said...

Hello Mother,
Just checking your blog, as usual. The reference, in The Office, to which you are referring is called "the Assistant TO the Regional Manager" and your official title now is "Associate TO the Teaching Director".
Thanks. Tim.

Shar said...

WOW! You DO read my blog. Nice to hear from you. Thanks for reading and for making me "official".
XOXO,Mom <(my best title)